- Rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup – washed and soaked
- Masoor dal – 1/2 cup – washed and soaked
- Potato – Medium sized pieces (fry a little)
- Cauliflower – Medium sized pieces (fry until soft)
- Carrots – Big pieces (fry a little)
- Green peas
- Spices – Tejpatta, Cloves (2), Black Cardamom, Dalcheeni, Garam Masala powder, Green Chilies (2 and slit), Zeera, Haldi, Salt, and Sugar
- Ghee – 1 tbspoon
Fry the vegetables and keep it aside.
Lower heat and in the same oil add tejpatta, cardamom, cloves, a small piece of dalcheeni, and zeera.
When you get the aroma, add the soaked moong dal. Fry a little and then add the soaked masoor dal and rice. Mix well.
Now, add 4 cups of water, the fried vegetables (except cauliflower), green peas, haldi, garam masala powder, salt, and a little sugar.
Pressure cook allowing one whistle. Open pressure cooker after 15 minutes. Now, add the fried cauliflower, slit green chilies, and ghee.Mix it a bit.
Your Khichdi is ready!