- 1 lb beef mince
- 1 lb spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3 cloves 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger paste 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 hot green chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt, whipped smooth
1. Make a paste by pureeing the spinach, cilantro and mint in a food processor, with a tbsp or two of water.
2. Heat the oil on medium and throw in the cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon stick. After 1 minute add the onion and saute till golden-brown.
3. Then put in the green chillies, chopped garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
4. Stir in the beef, red chilli powder, ground cumin, garam masala, ground black pepper, salt and cook on medium-high heat for 10 mins, stirring often.
5. Add half of the yogurt and mix well till incorporated and cook for another 2 mins.
6. Put in all of the green paste, mix well, and simmer for 10 mins.
7. Stir in the rest of the yogurt, cooking the whole thing for a further 5 mins. Taste for salt. Serve hot with parathas!