- 2 cups of cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 tsp red chilli paste (soak 2-3 dry red chillis in 1 tbsp of malt vinegar for half an hour and make a paste)
- 1 tbsp. groundnut oil
- ½ tsp. soya sauce
- 1 tsp tomato sauce(optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- white pepper pwd (as per your choice-its optional)
- 2 tbsp bell pepper jullienes or spring onions
Heat oil in a wok or large non-stick skillet till it nearly smokes and add the chopped garlic and ginger and stir fry for a few seconds on high heat.
Keep tossing around so that it doesnt burn.
Add the red chilli paste and stir fry for 10-15 seconds.Now add sprouts and cover and cook for 2-3 mts on medium heat.
Add the soya sauce,tomato sauce,salt and white pepper pwd and mix well.
Add the completely cooled rice to the wok and stir fry tossing well for about 2 mts.Its important to note here that after adding the rice, flip the whole thing over as quickly as possible in order to coat the rice grains with the rest of the ingredients.
Garnish with bell pepper juliennes or spring onions.Serve hot.