- 1 medium sized cauliflower (wash the florets and blanche in salted water)
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 4 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tsp red chilli pwd
- 1/2 tsp coriander pwd
- 1/4 tsp cumin pwd
- salt to taste
- 3 big tomatoes finely chopped
- big pinch of garam masala pwd
- chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Heat 1 tsp butter or oil in a vessel and add the blanched florets and stir fry for 4-5 mts continuosly till you get a light golden color.Remove and keep aside.
In the same vessel add 1 tbsp oil and add garlic flakes and fry for 10-15 seconds.Now add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
Add all the powders except garam masala and salt and mix well.
Add the tomatoes and cook till oil seperates.
Add the fried florets and cook covered on low heat for 3 mts.
Add 3/4 cup water and garam masala and cook till you get the desired gravy consistency.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.