- 1/2 orange bell pepper or red Bell Pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds soaked in 1/4 cup water.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 and 1/2 cups chick peas, soaked in water overnight or use Canned Chick peas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green chili
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (Optional)
- salt to taste
1.If using fresh chickpeas, cook them till tender.
2.Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise, remove seeds and the membranes.
3.Place one pepper half, skin sides upon a baking sheet lined with aluminium Foil.
4.Flatten the Bell pepper with hand and drizzle some oil on it.
5.Broil for 10 minutes or until blackened.
6.Cool for a while and then peel the skin.
7.Grind the bell pepper with remaining ingredients in a food processor till smooth
9.Serve with Falafel or use as a dip or have with bread.