- 2 (6-ounce) cans dark meat tuna, packed in olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
In a large bowl, add the tuna with its olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Using a fork, break up the tuna into bite-size pieces, then gently toss in the beans and onions. Drizzle with the vinegar and season with more salt and pepper, if needed, to taste. Transfer the salad to plates and serve.