- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 14-ounce canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
Heat peanut oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion; stir-fry until soft and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
Add green onions and curry paste; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to boil. Add tomatoes and boil 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook just until opaque in center, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
Transfer curry to large shallow bowl. Garnish with cilantro. Serve passing lime wedges separately.