- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 3 1/2 pound chicken cut into pieces (I used 8 thighs)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small potatoes, halved
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Heat the oil in the pressure cooker.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the cooker. Cook over medium heat, until the chicken is browned, turning once. About 5-7 minutes. Add the potatoes, about 2 cloves worth of the garlic, stock, lemon juice, oregano, and hot pepper flakes.
Cover and bring to low pressure. Reduce the heat to stabilize the pressure and cook for 16 minutes. Release pressure.
Remove the chicken to a platter and keep warm. Leave the potatoes in the cooker, cut side down. Boil over high heat until the juices are reduced by half, about 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the rest of the garlic, the lemon zest and the parsley. Serve the potatoes and the chicken topped with the fresh parsley mixture.