- 4 skinless chicken breasts (or mini fillets)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp concentrated tomato puree/paste
- 300 ml (just over a cup) of chicken stock/bouillon
- a handful of black olives (I used dry-cured olives)
- plain/all-purpose flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
Mix flour, salt and pepper in a deep plate. Dust chicken fillets in the flour mixture, shake off any extra flour.
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan/skillet over medium heat. Add chicken fillets* and fry them on both sides until brown - about 10 minutes in total. Remove the chicken fillets from the pan, keep warm.
Add garlic to the pan, fry for a minute.
Add tomato paste and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, then add the chicken pieces and olives. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, turning the chicken half way through.
The dish is ready when the chicken is cooked and the sauce slightly thickened.Taste, season with salt if necessary.
Serve with steamed rice and a green salad.