- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onions until translucent. Add cayenne, ginger and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Add sweet potatoes and water, and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Cool for a few minutes.
3. Add the tomato juice and peanut butter and puree in a blender or use an immersion blender.
4. Return to the pot and reheat gently.
5. Serve garnished with green onions.