- A handful of peanuts
- 1/2 inch ginger. Use galangal if available.
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 onion. Use shallots if available.
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- paneer or pineapple or tofu
- Black pepper, ground
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- Tamarind pulp
1. Mix ingredients 1 to 7 and blend in a mixer
2. Heat oil in a saucepan and sautee the blended mixture and bring to a boil
3. Add paneer pieces, black pepper, salt, turmeric, coriander powder and cook until the paneer pieces are tender
4. Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and tamarind pulp to this. Add lemon grass if available.
5. Simmer on low heat for another 2-3 minutes. Remove lemon grass if added.
Serve hot with fragrant Thai Jasmine steamed rice. If you like the taste and texture of coconut milk, you will love this