- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 6 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed onion and mustard seeds
- 8 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic pulp
- 675 g/1.5 lb chicken, skinned, boned and cubed
- 150 ml/0.25 pint water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
1) Heat the oil in a deep round-bottomed frying pan (skillet) or a wok. Add the curry leaves and mixed onion and mustard seeds and stir well.
2) Lower the heat slightly and add the tomatoes.
3) While the tomatoes are gently cooking, mix together the ground coriander, chili powder, salt, ground cumin and garlic in a bowl. Tip the spices onto the tomatoes.
4) Add the chicken pieces and stir together well. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
5) Pour on the water and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
6) Sprinkle the sesame seeds and fresh coriander (cilantro) over the top of the dish and serve.