- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1. Microwave chicken: Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in single layer in microwave-safe casserole dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on 50% power for 15 minutes.
2. Saute aromatics: While chicken cooks, heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until shimmering. Stir in onion, garam masala, and 1/4 tsp salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Build sauce: Stir in flour and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in tomatoes, apricots, and chickpeas, bring to simmer, and cook until apricots begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
4. Simmer chicken: Reduce heat to low and add microwaved chicken with any accumulated juices. Cover and continue to cook until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Finish: Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.