- 2 cups of Corn Flour
- Almonds (as desired)
- Pistachios (as desired)
- Cardamom Seeds(as desired)
- 1 tsp. of Saffron
- 3 cups of Sugar
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 2 cups of Clarified Butter
- Flat Tray (greased)
1) Heat 3 cups of water in a heavy based pot. Add in sugar and boil for 5-6 minutes. Add 1 cup of milk and boil for another 4-5 minutes and strain.
2) Dissolve the cornflour in 1 cup of water. Add this to the previous mixture. Dissolve saffron in a little bit of water, and add to the cornflour mixture. Cook over low heat. When the cornflour mixture starts becoming thick, start adding in the oil a little by little. Continue adding the oil slowly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continuously stir while it is cooking.
3) When the mixture starts separating and begins lump formation, add the almonds, pistachois and cardamom seeds and mix.
4) Have your pre-greased tray ready, and spread the sohan halwa mixture on it. Flatten mixture by pressing.
5) Garnish with almonds and pistacchios. Let it cool then cut into square pieces and enjoy.