- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber,
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Warm pita bread, for serving
1. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill and half the garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, remaining garlic, chopped parsley and cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide the beef mixture into 4 sections. Roll each section into a 6-inch log. Thread each log lengthwise onto two parallel skewers. Wrap your index finger and thumb around the log and lightly squeeze from top to bottom to make 4 indented rings. Rub the beef kebabs with olive oil and grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
Top each kebab with the yogurt and parsley leaves and serve on a pita.