- Chicken – ½ kg, preferably breast pieces, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ginger – 1-1/2 inch piece, grated and crushed
- Garlic – 2 beads, sliced and crushed
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons, melted
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Onion – 1, medium size, sliced
- Tomatoes – 2, medium size, fully ripe
- Capsicum – 1, medium size, sliced length-wise (optional)
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Mix well the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, salt, honey, and chicken pieces. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, if possible overnight in the refrigerator.
Heat a flat-bottomed fry pan and pour in the oil/ghee mix into it. When very hot, add the onions and saute till golden brown here and there. Add the tomatoes and saute till the oil separates from it.
Now add the capsicum, red chilli powder, and black pepper powder and saute for a minute. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook over moderate heat till the chicken pieces are cooked well.
Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges, onion rings, and/or whole green/red chillies.