- 1 package silken firm tofu
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional, but it does give great color)
- 1 ripe red chili, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Lemon or lime juice
Heat the canola oil in a saucepan.
Add the cumin seeds and when they crackle, add the onions.
Saute the onions for a few minutes until they start to brown.
Add the ginger and stir it in.
Add the turmeric and chili and stir in.
Add the mushrooms and cabbage and cook until they are fairly tender with a slight bite to them.
Now add the silken firm tofu, crumbled into small pieces, and stir to mix with the spices and veggies.
Add salt to taste, then take off the heat, garnish with coriander, spritz with some lemon juice, and serve hot.