- 6 ounces dry whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 2 10 3/4 ounce cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook according to package directions - drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion - cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add beef - cook until completely cooked, breaking up large pieces with a spoon.
Stir in soup, undrained kidney beans, cocoa, chili powders, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil - reduce heat and stir in pasta. Let bubble a couple minutes to thoroughly heat through.