- Soak a half cup of sunflower seeds for a couple of hours or overnight.
- 1/2 cup of walnut (do not soak)
- 1/4 cup of fine minced purple onion
- 1/4 cup of fine shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup celery
- pinch of garlic powder
- Eden Shake (from Whole Foods - Japanese food section)
- pinch of sea salt or noma shoyu
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or more
- Sprinkle of paprika, creole seasoning, basil, cayenne, oregano
Take soaked nuts and walnuts and add them to a food processor. Add spices, noma shoyu or salt and lemon juice. Process on high until you have a nut mixture that has the consistency of pate (or tuna salad look). Place the nut base in a big mixing bowl with enough room to add additional ingredients. Next, take your onion, carrot, and celery and chop them finely. You can use your food processor or use a knife for more larger chopped veggies. The raw onion can be strong so you may want to chop them finely or use less. Add your chopped veggies to the nut base. With your clean hands knead the veggies into the nut base.