- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
In a large bowl, whisk together onions, sugar, ginger, soy sauce, oil, pepper and garlic. Add ground sirloin and gently mix until combined. Evenly divide the mixture into 6 pieces and shape each into a 1/2" thick patty.
Place burgers on the grill and cook until they are as done as you like - it will usually take about 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium to medium-well. Remove from the grill and let patties sit 5 minutes.
Assemble the burgers by placing a patty and lettuce leaf on each bun.