- Chicken – 2-3 pieces (preferably 1 thigh piece with bone)
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or adjusted to taste
- Ghee/butter – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 flakes, finely chopped
- All purpose flour – 2 teaspoons
- Dried rosemary – 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 2, medium size, fully ripe
- Green chlli – 2, medium size, medium hot, finely chopped
- Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon or adjusted to taste
- Vinegar – 2 teaspoon
Cook the chicken pieces with water and salt. Allow it to cool and then remove the bone and shred the meat and keep aside.
Plunge tomatoes in boiling water for a minute. Remove, allow it to cool, peel them carefully, and chop them finely. Heat ghee/butter and fry garlic till it is golden brown.
Add the flour and rosemary and fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and green chillies and saute them till they are soft, taking care not to brown them. Mash the tomato pieces with a wooden spoon.
Add chicken pieces along with its water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add pepper and vinegar, mix, and season to taste.
Serve hot and spicy tomato chicken soup in bowls sprinkling with finely chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy