- 1 lb medium sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled & deveined
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled & grated
- handful corainder leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for shallow frying
Divide the prawns into 2 equal portions. Grind 1 portion of the prawns to a fine paste. Remove into a bowl. Add the other portion of the prawns to the ground prawns.
Add all the other ingredients except oil into the prawns mixture. Mix well. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan. Form round shaped pattie out of the prawns mixture & fry the pattie in hot oil till nicely browned.