- 1/2 kg (approx 1 lb) lamb chops (or a rack of lamb, cut in pieces)
- 400 gr tomato
- 400 gr onion
- 250 gr (1/2 lb) mushrooms
- 200 gr (slightly less than 1/2 lb) green pepper
- 7 - 8 cloves of garlic
- 5 - 6 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dry oregano or 7 - 8 sprigs of fresh oregano
- salt, pepper to taste
Slice the onions, put in a shallow but large pan’s bottom.
Arrange the lamp chops on top, making sure to be only one layer.
Add the chopped green pepper, mushrooms and halved garlic cloves on top of the lamp chops, atop with skinned and cubed (or pureed) tomato.
Add olive oil and spices. Let cook on very low heat, for about an hour.