- 2 cups basamati rice
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- pinch asafoetida(hing)
- 2 tsp moong dal
- 6-7 green chilli
- 1 inch (25mm) ginger
- 6-7 piece curry leaves
- 5-6 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of tumeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
1.Wash and cook the rice with 4 cups of water. Cook it in pressure cooker (wait for 1-2 whistles and then switch off the gas). You can also cook it in a pan or do microwave cooking just the same way as you cook ordinary rice.Once the rice is cooked, keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan or a kadai.
3. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, when they start to crackle
4. Add pinch of asafoetida, urad dal, green chilli, curry leaves and ginger. Saute for few minutes.
5. Add pinch of tumeric powder and rice and mix it well.
6. Add salt to taste and lemon juice. Mix well very gently so that the rice grains does not break.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.